Monday, November 16, 2015

3 Easy Thanksgiving Desserts

Thanksgiving is coming up fast, so I decided to explore some simple dessert options for our feasting.
I looked on Pinterest and found THREE fast and easy recipes I wanted to try out this weekend, with requests from the husband of course.
(Don't start drooling while you scroll through my shameless food photos!)


Pecan Pie Bars
recipe found on just a taste
This recipe says it has a 10 minute prep time. And guess what. It's true! These were so quick and simple, and my family has been devouring them all weekend!! I tried these because I'm making my pecan pie debut this year, and wanted to start small. These were a hit!



Mini Pumpkin Pies
recipe found on home is where the boat is
These are your traditional pumpkin pies, but boy do they hit the spot. I used refrigerated pie crusts like the recipe suggests, which was fine, but next time I will just be making my own pie crust! I really didn't think it would make that much difference, but to me, homemade is just better! These were simple and easy and we may or may not be eating these for breakfast for the next few days...



White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
recipe found on sally's baking addiction
THESE ARE SO GOOD!! The recipe has a 45 minute prep time, but that includes 30+ chill time for the dough. I love snickerdoodles (these are our all time fav) but I drag my feet when I plan to make them. I feel like they take extra time with all the cinnamon-sugar coating and chilling and you know. But these weren't that bad and they taste incredible. I haven't ever had a non-traditional soft cakey pumpkin cookie. These are true snickerdoodles but they still have so much of that pumpkin flavor that I love.
 

I will definitely be making all three of these again this season!

--Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment