Monday, November 9, 2015

Gratitude Journal

Happy November!
Today I'm sharing one of the many creative ways I trick myself into journaling (more about my feelings on journaling later). It's so much easier for me to write down things I'm grateful for than just sitting down to write about my whole day! AND since it's the time of year that everyone starts their November Thankfuls on social media, I thought this was an appropriate time to share! I found this darling little book at Target that is definitely doing the trick for me. It has lots and lots of space to write (but not a daunting amount!!) and prompts every couple of pages, like "Today I am grateful for" and "How I am fortunate" and "A memory that brings me Joy". It also has quotes that are just lovely to stop and think about. 

When I really get going, I have SO much to be thankful for. All day long, all year round. I actually started this a couple months ago, but I think it's especially good to think about during the Thanksgiving season.

The past few days have included entries like "I'm grateful for a husband who brings home lasagna without asking when I'm sick so I don't have to cook." and "I'm fortunate to have a husband who says 'There is always money for books, go ahead and buy it!'". Little things or big things, I have a very blessed life, and it's so good to get these things on paper. It helps me reflect and really appreciate my busy, charmed life.



.

What are you thankful for?

--Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment