Monday, October 26, 2015

Quick and Easy Halloween Treats

This past weekend I made these adorable Mummy Chocolate Covered Oreos for neighbor gifts. They were so easy and took almost no time (which is good because I don't have any to spare!) and they were a hit. I'm always looking for something new to try that won't take up my whole occasional day off. There are various forms all over pinterest, and of course I had to try them and put my own spin on them. Cue cute pictures of my HEART-EYE EMOJI MUMMIES



 Melt your white chocolate chips and dip the Oreos in. I tapped the excess off because I didn't want a pool of chocolate underneath them when they cooled. I put extra melted chocolate in a sandwich bag with the tip trimmed to do the mummy wrappings. I know it would also be easy to drizzle the chocolate over with a fork, but I like the control of the bag and I felt like I didn't drip all over!

Instead of making eyes, I used heart sprinkles to make the heart-eye emoji, Halloween style. For Christmas, I like to make the candy cane version. (Notice a theme here? I like to make quick, cute stuff!) Everyone loves those too, and they were much more indulgent because I used double stuffed cookies!
 


I doubled or quadrupled these up in little cellophane bags, tied them off with cute baker's twine, and ran them around to the neighbors with a little note. Done and done! 


--Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment